Monday, July 25, 2016

Top 10 MFT Creations



To celebrate My Favorite Things 10th Anniversary, the Creative Team is sharing
their Top 10 MFT Creations. It was a lot of fun to go through all of my projects and
it wasn't easy to narrow it down to just ten. In no particular order, here are mine.




Here's a more detailed look and an explanation of how/why each card made the list.
And below each project is a link to the products that I've used. Also, as Julie Ebersole
would say, click on each photo to "enbiggen" them.


Sometimes a card just comes together and that was the case with this card.
After die cutting the leaves, some of the segments fell out and I liked it so I taped
the back so the rest would stay intact, and that made me like it even more.





Quite possibly the most labor intensive card I've ever made. And so worth it.
I like that I was able to use my favorite inking technique--ink distressing--and
who can resist Birdie Brown's birthday bears?



This card was an homage to cherry blossom trees in Japan which I'm hoping
to see in person one day soon. It's on my bucket list.





 I love the contrast of the vase and greenery against the bold stripes. And I'm proud
that I chose teal card stock for the sentiment.




The sketch for this card really stumped me and I was down to the wire when it
all came together. And having the poppy and leaves diecuts in my stash helped, too.




I love how refreshing this iced coffee turned out, right down to the dusting of cocoa 
on the whipped cream. And this happens to be my daily drink, minus the whipped cream.





Born and raised in Hawaii. Need I say more?
 





It was a light bulb moment when I decided to ink distress the background and leave
the mouse guards uncolored. I love how they stand out, even without a smidge of color.





I love the warmth on this card, and that I used Prismacolor pencils on kraft to 
color her with a lot of cross hatching. A lot.




I really like how the sky turned out on this little tag, and that bear's expression
always cracks me up.




Are you still here? Thanks so much for staying through till the end!
Be sure to visit the rest of the participating team members, linked from the
MFT blog, to see their Top 10 Creations

9 comments:

  1. It was easy to see how these might be your Top Ten, Donna ... I see a few of my own favorites: the leaves, the vase, and the London bears are indeed among my Top Ten from your phenomenal gallery! xx [happy to know you are safe and sound - thanks!]
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great cards Donna!! I enjoy the CAS designs too. Happy designing and crafting!!! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I can definitely see why these made the top ten list! I see many of my favorites of yours here! That first one is my top Donna favorite of all times! LOVE that card! You are amazing my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am lovin' the MFT top ten posts! So nice to see all these gorgeous cards again! Your colors, your coloring, your blending, your spattering...ooh aaa...fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the choices you made for your Top 10! I probably "pinned" some of them a second time, but that's okay..... twice the inspiration. I look forward to following your posts for more years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely the Top Ten - but I love all of your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, how about that. You picked my favorites of yours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice seeing all these fabulous cards again, you are so talented my friend and you know how I feel about you, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, Donna, I love all of these beautiful cards.
    It would be so difficult to select a favorite.

    ReplyDelete