Monday, February 20, 2012

Peppermint Polly

I was so excited when Peppermint Polly arrived in my mailbox last week. I've wanted her for so long and saw so many cute cards made with her--I couldn't wait to ink her up!


I paper pieced her dress with some papers from Basic Grey's Kissing Booth collection, and colored the flower and her scarf with Copics. To ground her, I drew in some grass with Copics and cut the image out with Reverse Wonky Rectangles.

The sentiment is a sticker from SRM Stickers and yes, I trimmed away the oval that was around the sentiment. I drew white dots on her dress and added some dots on her flower (alá my friend Kathy Racoosin) with a Signo pigment pen.

Polly is so adorable and just seeing her face makes me smile. I know I'll be using her on cards for different occasions, so you will probably be seeing her again.

I hope you're all off to a great week. Thanks so much for stopping by today!


SUPPLIES:

26 comments:

  1. I've been wishing for Polly, too. I love this adorable you have made with her, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way too cute.... love her floral paper piece dress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna you have dressed Polly in adorable colors. This is a very happy card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning Donna - love what you created with Polly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Her paper pieced dress is so fun, Donna! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sweet DDD!!! How are you??? When is Vegas??? I am so loving your PB girlie and love the grass and dotted flowers too. Oh my that was so nice of you to mention me too. Glad I didn't miss this. Miss you and big hugs, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pretty dress you made for her, Donna! You are a lady of many talents, little did I know...that you can design clothes as beautifully as you design cards. Love this cutie!!!
    Hugs, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Donna, love her pretty PP dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love her paper-pieced dress! So adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the papers you used for her dress! Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am going to have to lock up the credit card when I visit your blog! I want every stamp you have; guess I think if I have the same stamps, I can do the same things! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You Did her Proud too.....Love this Sweet Card D!! xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I looove that little gal and her large flower--super cute dress! BEAUTIFULLY done, Donna! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I looove that little gal and her large flower--super cute dress! BEAUTIFULLY done, Donna! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. what an adorable card. I love those wonky labels. What a gorgeous dress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such and adorable image and card. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is fabulous, you gave me the inspiration to dig mine out and use it for a ribbon challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love the paper pieced dress! cute image too! hope all is well! have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Eeek, this is total perfection, Donna! I could stare at this beautiful card all day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another favourite of mine! This card is sooooo sweet and perfect!
    Will email you soon...with a request! :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. i may have to get her, too! so so adorable. really like her floral dress and the doodle you did. such a darling card, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is simply the cutest Polly! Saw this over SRM Facebook and I just had to comment on how lovely you made her! SWEET card, Donna! This is my favorite PB stamp!

    ReplyDelete