Monday, March 21, 2016

CC with Blueprints--All Buttoned Up



Buttons are a fun embellishment and this month, the MFT Creative Team
was challenged to use the button elements from Blueprints on our projects.


I began by painting swatches of Peerless Watercolors on a sheet of watercolor 
card stock with a waterbrush. After it was completely dried, I diecut the button
elements from Blueprints 8, 14, and 18 from the different colors.


To make the buttons pop, I adhered them to a top folding Black Licorice
card base, and white embossed a sentiment beneath them.

For more inspiration, visit the MFT blog to see the projects from the designers
who took on the button challenge. Thanks for stopping by!


11 comments:

  1. What gorgeous buttons! Your DIY Peerless swatches are perfect for this! Brilliant, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And not a speck of stray embossing powder to be seen. Awesome card, Donna.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love how the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card..striking in fact. What a great idea you used to make the swatches then die cut. I'm going to case this card. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna your buttons are gorgeous done in Peerless I still use the samples you send to me to try out. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing colourful card! Is it just me, or do I see "eyes" looking back at me from each of those darling buttons? LOL Maybe just my imagination running wild ...

    ReplyDelete