Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Memory Box Florina Corner


Several months ago, I won this intricate Florina Corner die from a Memory Box blog hop.
 

I thought about leaving it uncolored and making a white on white card,
but I'm participating in Kathy Racoosin's 30 Day Coloring Challenge. Are you?
She's encouraging everyone to spend at least 5 minutes a day coloring something.
So I grabbed my Distress markers and colored this.


I confess to having a brown thumb and I don't really know what type of flowers
are on this die, so I just winged it. I adhered it to an ink distressed card
and added a gold embossed sentiment from Hero Arts.

Next on the agenda is to try that white on white card.
Thanks Memory Box, for the gorgeous die--it really pays to comment!
 

16 comments:

  1. Donna, your 'winging it' has resulted in a work of art! The background is lovely (perfect blending...oh, how I aspire to create smoothly blended backgrounds! I have a 'brown thumb' in that department!) and your water-coloured die cut has me in jaw-dropped awe! Absolutely stunning! You've showcased your win beautifully!!
    Hugs~c
    (PS: yes, your note from yesterday and the previous one arrived...yayyyyy!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Donna! Just wondering whether I have a die I can colour... this is sooooo inspiring! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very lovely, Donna. I love what you do with distress products. (BTW, I own a year of flowers stamp set. I had to google each flower to be sure I was getting the colors correct. LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card turned out just lovely. I like that you "winged it". It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty - that background sets the beautiful flowers so well! Haha, and "brown thumb" - welcome to the club! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous inking, Donna! I'm glad you tried this die with color first,,,the colors you chose are so pretty and your background is stunning! Now, I look forward to your white on white version :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Donna, how pretty! I love choice of colors - and the background? is it one of your fantastic Hawaiian sunsets? One day...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Donna! That is just gorgeous! You colored the die so beautifully and I love your blended background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Donna - look forward to seeing the white on white version.
    Always a delight to see your amazing inked backgrounds too ;op

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow, this is gorgeous! Fabulous colouring, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely awesome Donna. It is a superb die and beautifully coloured.

    ReplyDelete