Monday, July 9, 2012

Text Me


CASual Fridays Challenge #60 is Text Me, to use some text on your clean and simple card.
I immediately thought of all the newsprint stamps from Hero Arts and grabbed my fave--the Skyline.


I inked it up in Wet Cement Mid Tone shadow ink--one of my favorite neutral inks. Using this month's challenge colors from Hero Arts, I stamped the sentiment in Ripe Persimmon and the sun in Mustard Seed Distress inks.

The pink heart was made by applying Picked Raspberry Distress ink directly to some white cardstock. After it dried, I punched out a heart and covered it with Glossy Accents.

This card is dedicated to our older daughter who came home last week to attend a friend's wedding. We spent some memorable time together, and while it was sad to see her leave, her happy place is in Alabama with her hubby and sweet puppy.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!

SUPPLIES:

19 comments:

  1. I like what you did with the building stamp...the ink color is perfect....I need to look for that color. All of your details work well together. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this card. The sun and heart really pop against the muted tones of the city scape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, Donna! The buildings look great stamped in that shade, and I love the colour pops of your different elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so meaningful! I love your stamp, heart, and the sentiment together. The sun is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PERFECT, Donna! Love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done!! I love your use of the Newspaper Skyline! The colors and balance are absolutely perfect! Thanks so much for joining the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays! A perfect card for your DD! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me smile Donna! Looks like a very happy place. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to know our kids have a happy place!! Glad you had some daughter time with Joy. Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Donna. The ink is such a pretty soft grey and your little heart is prefect

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so fun Donna - great to hear you got some fun time with your daughter. Enjoy the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome card for your daughter! Love the layout and the sweet touch of color with the heart and sun. Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the warm grey tone wet cement gives! will have to get that ink! love love your beautiful card, too! and so happy to hear that you got to spend quality time with your girl! =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that texty skyline!!! Perfect for the challenge! Congrats on VIP last week. So glad you could play along this week with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fantastic card! Your colored elements form a nice triangle, the sentiment is great, and I just love the gray you used for the buildings (I depend on black way too much). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Donna! When I saw this card, I immediately thought of your daughter. How happy you must have been to have her home for a visit! Have been following every post "silently" I'm afraid, but just wanted to drop in to say hello and that I've been loving every one of your creations! Have a great weekend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete