Saturday, September 19, 2009

A MeMe award for me?

It's time to wean myself from this blog as I have to get ready for the trip! We got our rail passes and yen yesterday and now I have to focus on packing and getting the house ready (i.e. clean out the fridge) so it won't be a total disaster when we return in mid October. I also have a ton of things to mail out and tie up lots of loose ends, pronto!


I was presented the MeMe award from the very sweet Anne Gaal a while ago and I hesitated, not in the acceptance, but I have to divulge 7 secrets about myself and pass this award on to 7 others. Yikes! If I divulge secrets....then they won't be secrets anymore now will they? So I decided to share little known facts about me which aren't as juicy as secrets but here goes...

1. I am shrinking. I know it comes with age but I was shocked at my last doctor's visit to learn that I am 4 feet 9 and three quarters of an inch tall! OMG! I think I was that height in third grade!!

2. I am not overweight. I'm undertall.

3. I love pasta. Noodles. Carbs. Whatever you want to call it. Which probably contributes to number two.

4. My proudest memento is a POW bracelet that I wore in the 70's and the soldier whose name is on that bracelet returned safely home and wrote me a letter which I have till this day. I'm still amazed at how he managed to track me down.

5. This is probably the only true secret: I love to play "Animal Crossing" on my DS and the Wii. I blame this on my daughters and my niece who gave me everything and encouraged me to play this very addicting game.

6. I never thought I would be corresponding with friends in Malaysia, Germany, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Venezuela, Great Britain, England, Denmark--international friends!! The postal clerks are thrilled that I'm helping them keep their jobs and they love to guess where I'm sending my next parcel.

7. I never thought I would have a blog. Not me. Are you kidding? But now that I have one, I hope that I can keep it and maintain it for years to come if it means that I can keep in touch with all of you.

So now I must pass this award on to 7 others and they are, in alpha order:
- Lucy

Please visit their blogs for tons of fun and inspiration. A very big Mahalo to Anne for the honor of receiving the MeMe and for letting me share a bit of me.

12 comments:

  1. Mahalo Donna, for all the wonderful posts and cards you make!! Your work is truly an inspiration to me, and so this post was nice to read (its like I know a little bit about you now). Keep up the great work, have a blast on your trip and bring lots back to scrapbook and show all of us! :)
    Aloha,
    Coralee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on recieving this award Donna. It's always nice to read about our crafty friends. Also thank you for giving this award to me as well. Take care & I love your cards they always ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna.....
    thanks for the Award...I will try and get it on my blog sometime this week....
    I bet your so excited for your trip....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Donna! It was a honor to pass along this award to you! I loved reading your little known facts. And I hope you have a fabulous trip! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun read... we have a couple things in common but I'm not going to say which ones! :)
    I hope your trip is amazing, and looking forward to reading all about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna, at last I've reset my password so I can now leave comments again! Wishing you all the best for a wonderful holiday in Japan. I hope you get to visit lots of craft shops of which I'm sure there will be loads. Congrats on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna, love your post - I am a teeny, tiny person too and I think that I am also shrinking! I am now 5 feet tall... how small will I be when I am an old lady???? My hubby will be able to put me in his pocket! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so honored to be given an award by you Donna!! It will probably take some time for me to think of the "secrets" that I want to reveal... =) Thank you so much for the award again!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, Donna!
    Congratulations! I love all of your cute cards filled with clever ideas!
    And also thanks so much for giving this award to me! I was too late to come here. Sorry, Donna!
    Loved to read and see your recent posts. :)
    Enjoy your stay in Japan! The empty fridge is awaiting for your coming home!? Oh I have to talk with my fridge for the dinner from now on... LOL. ;)
    Hugs, Tomo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH I DO JUST LOVE YOU, DONNA!! I'm SHRINKING, TOO! BOO HOO! Molly is already taller than me and I have always been 5'9" (that's why I haven't made MY doctor appointment yet!)..........LOVE PASTA, too (with some SHRIMP mixed in)!! OK, it's not about ME, but how much I LOVE YOU! Love, Karen xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for the award, Donna!! I've always love your card, you ROCK!!

    Have a fabulous trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, so I'm way late on the band wagon (trying to search for your Japan pics!), but I LOVED reading this! Thanks for sharing a few tidbits about yourself!

    ReplyDelete